Hótel Laugarhóll

Average: $180 per night
I rate it: 5/5

20km away from Hólmavík lies this lovely hotel surrounded by mountains, valleys and vast nature.

The hotel used to be a school and it is very spacious, with a hall often used for events. The dining room is charming with books lined on the walls while the living room is very cosy with plush sofas, just like a home.

Double rooms are decorated differently, and my favorite is this 'blue room', which overlooks the pool next door.

It is rare for any hotel in Iceland to have a full-length pool, and the entrance fee is 400kr. The changing room at the pool had been renovated last year so it is in pristine condition. There is also a wonderful natural hot spring which uses geothermal water, that I love. I could spend all day at the pool and hot spring.

Food at the restaurant is great, and they serve some delicious fish, meat and dessert.

It is a small community in this part of Westfjords, and hosts are always friendly,

One of my favorite hotels in Iceland, I would recommend to anyone exploring Westfjords who need a good respite. If only they open in winter!

No comments: