Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Average: $250 per night
I rate it: 4/5


On my first visit to Cebu, I picked Mövenpick for a 4-night stay because of its location and branding. Is it strange that I picked the hotel because I like their ice cream?!

Upon arrival, I was really pleased with the beautiful lobby all decked out in white and ocean blue.
However, the check-in was horrendous. Although there were 4 staff at reception, everyone was taking really long. It took me about 45 mins to be checked-in, which was ridiculous.

The room was bright and comfortable, with a lovely view of the pool and sea. I enjoyed sitting in the balcony to enjoy some sunshine and breeze. At night it can get quite noisy due to the dance music and crowd at Ibiza Beach Club.

Room service was prompt and everyone spoke relatively good English. The service staff were pretty well-trained and friendly. Unfortunately, dinner buffet at the lounge was quite disappointing. The spread was rather limited and not worth the price.

There is a small stretch of beach in front of the hotel pool, but definitely go early, because it is so crowded, there was hardly any space to fit in.

If you enjoy shopping, definitely get on your feet to explore the area near the hotel for a souvenir market, temple and little eateries.

Do note that there are throngs of Korean tourists at the hotel who seem to be treated better compared to us, in terms of hospitality and overall communication, which was quite a let-down. Overall, I did enjoy my stay in Cebu (made complete with whale shark snorkeling!) and might consider returning to this hotel if I were to be in the area again.

No comments: