Paa & Jannik

Average: $200 per night
I rate it: 5/5

As you might already know, Greenland is expensive! Air ticket, accommodation, dining, boat tours... everything is costly compared to many other cities.

It was really important to find a good place to stay on my maiden solo trip to beautiful Ilulissat! I was lucky that Paa & Jannik had availability for me despite a short notice. Perhaps it was the shoulder period (autumn).

Jaanik was nice to pick me up from the airport, and the lovely B&B is just a 10 mins drive from the airport. Ilulissat is a pretty small town, walkable to most places if you take a leisure stroll.

I never stayed in a place more beautiful and 'exclusive' than Paa & Jaanik's.

A spacious house which accommodates 4, it is down a flight of stairs, right on the fjord bank.

I stayed at Apartment #3, and the balcony boasts spectacular views of icebergs, birds and boats speeding by.

The apartment was well-maintained and clean. Heating system was good and the bed was rather comfortable. I spent a lot of time lounging on the sofa and looking out the balcony, just relishing 'me time'.

Those few days were absolutely serene and calming. I enjoyed my walks to the UNESCO World Heritage Site Icefjord, tour offices, supermarkets, cafes and just sitting around by the fjord.

Waking up at 4am also enabled me to catch the Northern Lights. What wonderful memories!

Everything was just amazing. If only Wifi was free. I understand that Wifi is hardly free in Greenland, and spent quite a bit on Wifi.

After my short stay, Jannik was kind enough to drive me to the airport.

If you make the visit to Ilulissat, surely you must enjoy nature. At Paa & Jannik, you are immersed in nature.

I will never forget the breathtaking icebergs, sunsets and town I experienced.

Forget staying at a swanky hotel with other tourists, Paa & Jaanik is my recommended choice for Ilulissat!

No comments: